What does it mean to be a 100% Craft Distillery in BC?
- Only BC grain, fruit and produce is used for fermentation.
- Only on-site fermentation and distillation using traditional methods.
- No additives, preservatives or artificial flavours.
- No neutral grain spirits (NGS) used
- Total annual production cannot exceed 100,000 litres per year**
* Neutral grain spirit is bulk alcohol produced and sold by industrial distilleries that allows some distillers to bypass the craft of producing fermentable mash to create their own alcohol.
** 100,000 litres is less than one days production for many larger distilleries